Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Next Day

What was it like to wake up on Nov 5. Sorry Sasha and Malia, I can’t play with you today. I have a new job I have to prepare for. I’m the new President of the United States.

Never before have I wondered about the incoming president. I certainly didn’t care what George Bush was thinking or doing. He wasn’t available or even real to me. Obama is real. What he does matters. How is family is doing is important.
Barak Obama opened the hearts of the world. I listened to BBC radio as listeners called in from around the world to celebrate the new president. I cried as I listened. The news journalist asked the man from Kenya, why is Obama becoming president so important to you. He is not president of your country. The man from Kenya replied, "He is setting the example for all the leaders of the world. They have to pay attention now."

Less than 24 hours after he was elected, people were wondering how he was going to deal with all the issues facing him. What they don’t realize is that he lives in the realm of possibilities. He knows that there are all kinds of options and opportunities available. He knows that principle is not bound by precedent. When we live in the realm of universal principle, we’re not bound by solutions of the past. Anything is possible. I am grateful for the new world we live in.

No comments: